Honestly, how can it be August already!!! It doesn’t seem right!!!
This whole year is flying by and I don’t know how I feel about it. Pretty soon the kids will be going back to school – my kiddo starting high school! It’s crazy!
July was a pretty good month for the blog. I hit 500 followers, which is still unbelievable to me, and did my first giveaway to celebrate. I also had posts up almost every single day, which is a new record for me. I enjoy babbling on about stuff, and apparently enough people like to listen to me ramble on, so that works for me! I also (at the absolute last minute) signed up for the Disney-A-Thon readathon for August. Why did I do that when I already have a bunch of things coming up this month? Who knows! It sounded like fun and I just went for it. For anyone else who is participating, I am on Team Tangled and my first book for the challenge is An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
I have a few other ideas bouncing around my head right now, but nothing that is ready to actually be “a thing” yet.
Sister Act closes this weekend. Three more shows before we leave the convent. This has been an interesting experience, getting to do a show a second time as a different character. There is a whole other learning curve for it and it has been exciting to see new people step into the other roles (especially the one I did previously). I’m going to miss my new sisters, but I’m sure we’ll see each other again. The theater community is pretty tight like that.
Let’s look at numbers.
- I read chapters 41 through 59 of Ever Alice by H.J. Ramsay, which finishes that book. You can read my review here.
- I read chapters 4 through 45 of Perfect Pitch by Alex Hayes, which finishes that book. No review yet, as it is part of a blog tour, but you will see it next week.
- I read chapters 16 through 58 of You Were Here by Cori McCarthy in pretty much one sitting last Friday afternoon. It was so good, I had to immediately review it, which you can read here.
- I read chapters 23 through 50 of How the Light Gets In by Katy Upperman, which finishes that book. Another blog tour, which you will see next week.
- I read and blogged chapters 18 through 21 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling.
- I started Altered by Vicki Stiefel, reading the Prologue through Chapter 5. This is for another blog tour later in the month.
- I made good progress on Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas , reading chapters 11 through 52 last week. That should make my friend Jess very happy. 🙂
- Yesterday, I read chapters 1 through 10 of An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir to kick off the Disney-A-Thon.
Y’all, I finished four books last week. Just . . . wow. I’m on a roll! After a reading slump that lasted several years, this feels really good.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!