This week has been a little bit busy for me. Work has been a bit hectic and, at times, confusing, but thankfully several things were straightened out and I feel much less out-of-sorts about it. Also, Sister Act opened last weekend, which was so exciting and a lot of fun. I was a bit worried because our preview night was a bit rough, but the actual performances went great. I get back in the habit again tonight for another weekend of shows and I can’t wait.
Speaking of community theater, I also got to see Hairspray at another theater I have worked with. The cast had a lot of my friends in it, and it was so much fun! I will be forever grateful that I took the plunge five years ago and auditioned. It’s an amazing community to be a part of.
Now let’s talk about blogging, since that’s what I do here. This week, I have had ten posts to Life With No Plot, which is pretty good, but I am also excited to announce that I have started a new blog this past month and finally have it up and running.
Welcome to A Trip Through Eriador!
This new blog will strictly chronicle me playing Lord of the Rings Online (or LOTRO) and, to many people, it might be a bit boring, especially right now. Currently I am just tracking game stats, but I also want to do some art with screenshots and maybe some storytelling/fanfiction with it. I’m still playing around with some things. I do love that game though, and if you are a fan of Tolkien and video games, you should check it out.
- I reading chapters 34 through 47 of Silken Scales by Alex Hayes, which finishes that one up.
- I started reading the next book in that series, Perfect Pitch by Alex Hayes, reading chapters 1 to 3.
- I read chapters 12 through 40 of Ever Alice by H.J. Ramsay.
- I started How the Light Gets In by Katy Upperman and read chapters 1 through 22.
- I read chapters 38 through 68 of Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas, which finishes that book. Yay!
- I read chapters 1 through 10 of Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas – let’s finish this series!
- I read and blogged chapters 14 through 17 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling.
- I read chapters 1 through 15 of You Were Here by Cori McCarthy which, I know, is a book I haven’t mentioned at all on the blog. It’s an old NetGalley approval that I didn’t realize I had. And by old, I mean it came out in 2016. So I figured I should probably jump on that.
That’s . . . a lot of things! I think my brain is trying to make up for those two years worth of reading slumps, apparently all in one go! According to GoodReads, I have six books that I am currently reading, and it’s not just that I have it listed that way – I am actively reading all six books. For any that I get for review, either from blog tours or NetGalley, I actually create reading schedules so I can make sure that I’m staying on track. Is it a bit excessive? Um, maybe? But it works for me somehow. I like schedules, I like to-do lists, I like being able to check something off as I do it. Makes me feel productive.
Have a wonderful weekend, beautiful people!
Categories: Weekly Wrap-Up