Two posts on a weekend!!!! What is happening!!???!!
Hi again! Wanted to pop in for just a few minutes to tell everyone about a new blogging project I’m going to be working on. This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while, but was also inspired by a short conversation on another blog – and I can’t find it! I wish I could give you credit! If this was you, please let me know and I will edit this.
Anyway, we ended up talking about The Baby-Sitters Club books that we both read as kids and how much fun they were. I remember having so many of them, they would barely fit on my bookshelf. And that was just one series. I followed MANY of them, as my mother can attest. The blogger I was commenting with mentioned a podcast called The Baby-Sitters Club Club where these two guys discuss the series in chronological order. I haven’t had a chance to listen yet, but I thought it sounded like a ton of fun.
That’s when I finally decided to do this. For a few months now, I have had a weird desire to revisit some of the books of my youth. Maybe it was just a simpler time and I feel the need to explore that more. Maybe I’m just a little weird. Or both. Which brings me to my new feature on this blog:
A few notes:
- This will not be a regular thing, like my other featured posts that go up each week like clockwork. I might try to have a more regular schedule later, but for now, I’m just going to see where this goes.
- I will not be counting these books towards my GoodReads goal for the year. I will be keeping these on a separate list. It’s only because these books are pretty short compared to the other stuff I’m reading (I literally just read one in about an hour and a half) and it would inflate my GoodReads count way too much.
- I have a list currently of nine series (ten if I can track down another one) that I’m going to start on. The first one I will be working on is Sweet Valley High, but I might jump around a bit. There are no rules here!
- Other series currently on the list are: The Baby-Sitters Club (because of course), The Whitney Cousins, Satin Slippers, The Zodiac Club, Fear Street, The Nancy Drew Files, Abracadabra, and The Fabulous Five. More may be added later as I think of them.
- The other series that I am trying to track down is called (I think) Girlfriends? I have no idea who the author is and, although I remember quite a few details about it, I can’t remember any individual titles. Google searches have turned up nothing, but I have posted information to a GoodReads group dedicated to tracking down these unknown books (the thread is here if you want to check it out – maybe one of my followers has heard of it?) EDIT: That GR group is amazing! That post was up for less than a day and they found it! It’s the Girl Friends series by Nicole Grey.
Just these series alone give me hundreds and hundreds of books to post about. I think it will be fun to see how well these stories hold up. They will be dated, of course – it was the late 80s/early 90s when I read them! Even so, I think this will be fun. It will be interesting to see how many of you also read these when you were a kid.
Maybe I’ll be adventurous and jump right in with the first post tomorrow? If not tomorrow, then definitely sometime next week. I’m excited! This will be so much fun!