Top Ten Authors I Would Love To Meet
I have been very lucky to have been able to meet several of my favorite authors, either at YallFest, or at book signings at indie bookstores. I’ve gotten to meet Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Stephanie Perkins, Cassandra Clare, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, and Laini Taylor, just to name a few. There are still several I would love to meet though, so here they are.
- J.K. Rowling – Do I even need to explain why? I find her so inspirational and Harry Potter literally changed my life.
- John Green – First found him on the Vlogbrothers YouTube channel, and then fell in love with his writing.
- Hank Green – I can count him because he is officially an author now! I’ve got his book and will start it as soon as I finish the Jenny Lawson book I’m reading.
- George R.R. Martin – I would find this one intimidating, but I also think he would be absolutely fascinating.
- Seanan Maguire/Mira Grant – I’ve just started a re-read of the Newsflesh trilogy, since it’s Halloween season. I follow her on Twitter and she seems really cool.
- Chuck Wendig – I found his blog and Twitter before I found his books. I love his writing advice and he would just be a lot of fun to hang with.
- Sam Sykes – I will admit that I haven’t read any of his books yet, but he and Chuck have fun exchanges on Twitter, so it would be cool to hang with both of them.
- Jenny Lawson – A recent find for me, although she’s been around for a while. I just want to listen to her tell stories.
- A.G. Howard – Her Splintered series is wonderful and when I posted my reviews, she responded back on Twitter! She’s super sweet and seems like fun.
- Mark Oshiro – I fell in love with his website, Mark Reads, and once he published his first book, I fell in love with it too.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
“That’s an urban myth, Buffy. It’s been disproven about ninety times,” I said, continuing to pace. “George Romero died peacefully in his bed.”
“And now he’s a happy shambler at a government research facility,” said Shaun, abandoning his sulk in order to make “zombie” motions with his arms. The ASL for “zombie” has joined the raised middle finger as one of the few truly universal hand gestures. Some points just need to be made quickly.
“It’s sort of sad, thinking about him shuffling around out there, all decayed and mindless and not remembering the classics if his heyday,” said Buffy.
I eyed her. “He’s a government zombie. He eats better than we do.”
“It’s the principle of the thing,” she said.
~ Feed by Mira Grant
Like I said, it’s October, which means Halloween, which means it’s time to re-read my favorite zombie apocalypse series! It’s been a few years, so I’m really looking forward to it.
Do you have any favorite authors you’re dying to meet, or want to share a teaser of your current read? Leave them in the comments!