WWW Wednesday is a weekly feature originally hosted by MizB at “Should Be Reading.” Three questions, three answers. Go!
What are you currently reading?
Currently reading Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke. We are reviewing it on the podcast this week. It started off a bit slow, but it’s still pretty good.
What did you recently finish reading?
Just finished Devilish by Maureen Johnson. This was a re-read for me. This book is a lot of fun, the most fun you’ll have with demonic possession. And cupcakes.
What do you think you’ll read next?
I think I’ll read Reached by Ally Condie. It’s the last book in her Matched trilogy, which will mean finishing another series that I started from last year.
Please leave your WWW answers in comments!
Yep, since I’ve been such a slack blogger lately, today you get not one post, but two!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the lovely folks over at “The Broke and the Bookish.” This week’s topic:
Top Ten Books You Would Classify As
ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3-5 years
Ugh! So many to choose from! Let’s see if I can narrow it down at least a little bit.
- Splintered by A.G. Howard – I adored this entire series. Such a crazy and interesting take on Alice in Wonderland. I was sad to see the series end.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – This book. My heart. SO GOOD! I need to get a review up on this one, just to make sense of how I feel about it.
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – This was the end of the Infernal Devices trilogy, and oh the feels! It was such a perfect ending.
- Comes the Night by Norah Wilson & Heather Doherty – I got this book for free somewhere. I can’t even remember where, but it was so good! I wish the next book in the series would hurry up and get here!
- Shadowbound by Dianne Sylvan – My all-time favorite vampire series, this was book five and so many things happened! Let’s just say that I need book six like now!
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor – This entire series was magical from the very beginning. This was a beautiful and bittersweet ending.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I knew as soon as I started reading this that it would become one of my favorite books, and I was right. I wanted to read it again as soon as I was finished.
- Blackout by Mira Grant – My first foray into zombies was the Newsflesh trilogy and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. It was really hard to put down.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – So much has been said about this book. It is absolutely beautiful and heart wrenching. I really need to see the movie at some point, but I’ll need a whole box of tissues and a pint of ice cream.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – This book is just plain awesome. If you like video games, dystopian stories, and a whole lot of 80s trivia, this book is for you.
So there’s my list. Please leave your top ten posts in comments!
Hello everyone! Long time, no blog! It has been crazy here, between the wacky weather to stress at the J.O.B. Need to get back to doing things that I enjoy instead of just collapsing as soon as I get home. So on that note . . .
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at “Should Be Reading.” Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Luke kept asking River questions about where he came from and what he liked to do, but River somehow managed to avoid giving my brother any direct answers in a way that seemed casual but was actually pretty brilliant, if you were really paying attention. Which I was.
– Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
by April Genevieve Tucholke
We’re reading this for the podcast next week and it’s been pretty good so far, although not a lot is happening at the moment. Still, a mysterious guy moving into the guest house on your grandmother’s property . . . it sounds promising!
Please leave your teasers in comments!