I’m back home and back to work! Happy Tuesday everyone!
First up, Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at “Should Be Reading.” Here’s how to play:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here’s my teaser for the week:
What they had told Langdon downstairs had left him so disoriented and upset that Sinskey had brought him outside for some air. The sea air was bracing, and yet Langdon felt no clearer in his head.
– Inferno by Dan Brown
We’re reviewing this book for the podcast this weekend. It’s really good so far, although not better than The DaVinci Code in my opinion. Still, Dan Brown writes an exciting book, and now I really want to travel to Florence, Italy.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted every week by the lovely folks over at “The Broke and the Bookish.” This week is a freebee week – we can choose anything we want! Here’s what I picked:
Top Ten Favorite Vampires
1. David Solomon (Shadow World series by Dianne Sylvan) – I’ve talked about this one before, but I’ll say it again. David is awesome. Sexy, witty, and intelligent as hell, this is one vampire who spent his immortality studying up on all the latest technological advances. He has a doctorate from MIT for crying out loud!
2. Simon Lewis (Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) – I know that Jace Waylan is supposed to be the heartthrob of this series, but I don’t care. I’ll take Simon any day. He’s sweet, he’s funny, and he’d be a lot of fun to hang out with.
3. Miranda Grey (Shadow World series by Dianne Sylvan) – It’s not all about the boys on this list! Miranda is a survivor. After a brutal attack, she is able to not only take care of herself, but she makes it her duty to take care of those who can’t take care of themselves. And she’s an awesome musician.
4. Merit (Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill) – Another lady who rises above expectations. Turned into a vampire against her will, she goes into her new life not willing to bow down to authority. She’s a fighter and doesn’t take crap from anyone, not even the head of her House.
5. Alice Cullen (Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer) – I’m not a huge fan of these books. I’ve read the series, and although I don’t love them, I also don’t hate them. And Meyer is a big part of the reason why vampires are so hot right now. Of all the vamps in that series, Alice is my favorite. She’s a sweetheart and, although a little overbearing at times, I’d still let her give me a makeover.
6. Ethan Sullivan (Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill) – The head of one of the vampire houses in Chicago, Ethan can be a lot to take in at times. He’s an intelligent fighter and really cares for the vampires under his wing. He is willing to do anything to defend them, even deny himself the love of his life if necessary.
7. Deven O’Donnell (Shadow World by Dianne Sylvan) – Deven is a bit of a mystery. He’s the oldest vampire alive, yet he looks like a small, goth rocker dude. Don’t let that fool you though. Deven could kill you in the blink of an eye, without even touching you. Still, he does have a soft side, which makes him a good ruler and a valuable ally.
8. Matthew de Clermont (All Soul’s Trilogy by Deborah Harkness) – Matthew has seen most of recorded history first hand. He fought in the Crusades, for goodness’ sake! He’s a hard person to get to know, but once you do, he’s a fascinating person, mixing history, science and religion into his studies, which is not easy to do!
9. Marthe (All Soul’s Trilogy by Deborah Harkness) – Admittedly a minor character in this series (at least as far as I’ve gotten), Marthe is a treasure. She’s immediately accepting of Diana, even though Diana’s a witch. She does everything she can to help everyone around her and is probably one of the more human vampires (which is not an insult).
10. Faith (Shadow World series by Dianne Sylvan) – Faith is David’s second in command, a brilliant fighter and leader of the Elite in Austin. She’s fiercely loyal and, despite a rough exterior, very compassionate. Faith is someone you want to have your back at all times.
That’s it for today! Can’t wait to see your teasers and lists!