Happy New Year and welcome to the first post of 2019! How appropriate that it is a Tuesday, with my favorite community book blogging posts!
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Purple Booker. Here are the rules if you want to play along.
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Artemi allowed herself to breathe. What if this man killed Morghiad? It would be all her fault.
~ City of Blaze by H.O. Charles
I got this book off of BookBub ages ago, and have finally gotten around to reading it. Interesting premise so far – I’m at 39% according to my Kindle.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jana, That Artsy Reader Girl. The topic this week is:
Top Ten Favorite Books Read in 2018
For this, I will only include new books read this year, not re-reads.
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green – Probably my favorite new read for this year, and not just because I was already a fan of Hank Green.
- Anger is a Gift by Mark Oshiro – Really close, almost tied for my favorite new read for this year, and not just because I was already a fan of Mark Oshiro.
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson – This one really helped me in a tough time and introduced me to the Bloggess, who I now read daily.
- The Circle by Dave Eggers – Read it so I could watch the Tom Hanks/Emma Watson movie. Ended up liking it much more than the movie.
- World’s End by Neil Gaiman – I want to include more graphic novels/comics into my reading repertoire. This year I finally finished reading the Sandman series and this one was my favorite.
- Wild Things by Chloe Neill – So glad that I finished reading the Chicagoland Vampires series this year. I could have put any of those books on this list, but I’m going with this one because who can’t love those shifters!
- The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore – Read this for a GoodReads challenge, didn’t expect to enjoy it, but ended up completely captivated.
- 18 Truths by Jamie Ayres – This is the second book in the My So-Called Afterlife and, while I enjoyed book one (a freebie from BookBub), the second book takes things to a whole new level. Literally.
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice – Read this with the Alpha Book Club and enjoyed it enough to pick up the second book too. Need to pick back up with this series at some point.
- Steel Lily by Megan Curd – Another freebie from BookBub, although the series is unfinished right now (and I really need to know what happens!!!). Fun story world, interesting magic system, good characters.
That’s it for this week! Leave your teasers and top tens in comments!