Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here are the rules if you want to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The hospital buzzed about my miraculous recovery. Apparently, it wasn’t common to wake up in perfect health from a coma, especially after suffering a traumatic brain injury.
– Cold Blue Secret by Christie Anderson
I’m kind of wishy-washy about this book. There are some interesting things happening, but the opening was kind of blah.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels For 2015
This one is difficult. There are a bunch of novels coming out this year that I’m excited about it, but none of them are debuts. They are mostly continuing books in a series. But that’s okay. This is what GoodReads is for (well, that and a bunch of other things). I’ll do a little of both.
1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – This one sounds interesting, sort of a fantasy and dystopian story rolled into one. (February 10th)
2. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey – The description says its for fans of Cassandra Clare, which y’all know I am. Plus the cover is gorgeous. (April 28th)
3. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – I really like the title of this one, plus it sounds like it will try to tackle a difficult and serious teen topic. I always love when authors do that. Bring some awareness. (February 15th)
4. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker – This one claims to be a cross between Graceling and A Game of Thrones, both things I enjoy. We’ll see about that, but the synopsis looks good. (June 2nd)
5. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – A fantasy that looks like it is set in a world similar to ancient Rome. That should be interesting. (April 28th)
These are not debuts (which I define as the first book by a brand new author), but books that I am excited about this year.
6. Ensnared by A.G. Howard – It comes out today!! I am so excited to read this one. This series has been awesome and I can’t wait to see how it wraps up.
7. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson – I love her Shades of London series so much! This one will have to answer that crazy twist at the end of book two, right? (February 10th)
8. Dark Debt by Chloe Neill – Yes, I finally got back into Chicagoland Vampires again and now I am anxiously awaiting book #11 in this series. (March 3rd).
9. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – I have never read Sarah J. Maas, but I have heard great things about her. This one sounds like a fairy tale retelling, and I’m always down with those. (May 5th)
10. Panther Prowling by Yasmine Galenorn – I spent so much time with this series last year, I feel like I have to keep going. And going. And going. Seriously, this is book #17! (January 27th)
Please leave your teasers and top ten lists in comments!